ToR for one Junior Non-key Mission Expert
Title of ToR: 1 Junior Non-Key Expert on Social Media and Web Editing of website
- Reference persons
Reference persons for the mission are Project Manager Carlos Callejo, and Team Leader of Project, Angelka Peeva Laurencik.
- Reference documents
Terms of Reference of the Project and the Organisation and Methodology (O&M) of Business and Strategies in Europe (B&S Europe) consortium
- Terms of Reference Relevance
The assignment will contribute to increasing the level of information and public awareness about the EU in North Macedonia, including EU policy objectives, accession process and EU assistance to the country.
- Assignment objective(s)
Due to the corona pandemic and imposed restrictions for organizing public events, the project prepared and EUD approved contingency plan for implementation of the project activities related to communication, networking and visibility activities on all available internet platforms. This will enable continuation in reaching the projects objectives.
The new contingency plan of activities significantly increases the workload on the project social media and website but also the coordination with all project stakeholders which in this pandemic situation have the online platforms as the only means of communication.
The junior expert will support the Senior Social Media and Website Manager and the other members of the team in implementing the plan of activities and contribute to reaching project objectives.
- Main Tasks/Activities
For this activity, we envisage one junior expert on social media and website editing to support all project activities and staff related to any online communication and visibility.
- Related Outputs
The Expert is expected to support the Social Media and Website Editor and the rest of the team in all social media related activities, more specifically:
Europe House website editing
- Assist in researching and producing relevant content to be regularly updated and inserted
- Support regular editorial/proofreading maintenance and content update in English and both local languages sections of websites, as well as all subsections, links, search engines and short-cuts to related sites
- Solid knowledge of WordPress to prepare and upload texts, calendar maintenance, graphs, applets, Media Gallery (video and photo), ensuring coherence of all elements, following the pattern of internet pages of EU institutions
- Research and report on news and information on EU and related assistance programmes implemented in the country and the Western Balkans
- Disseminate news from events/activities organized that support the EU Delegation, provide feedback, recommendations and improvements
Europe House social media sites/profiles
- Assisting in writing, editing, posting, data analysis, and calendar maintenance of Facebook and Instagram content proposal of Europe House; cross-posting of video shall be ensured
- Tweet and retweet posts by EU Head of Delegation, EU leadership (EU Parliament president David Sassoli, EU President Ursula Von Der Leyen, EU Council President Charles Michel , others)
- Daily selection and posting of content, under the general guidance of the Europe House Team Leader and SM/Digital Marketing Manager. The Contractor shall create, publish and publicize content (text, audio-visuals etc.) on the chosen social media under the supervision of the SM/Digital Manager
- Regular follow up, and sharing information with prior pre-approval from the websites of the Europa domain, the EU Delegation and the Europe House, posts from EU Tube, as well as relevant websites of partner institutions, government, civil society and others communicating on EU relevant issues
- Latest information on EU assistance and providing up-to-date project summaries (these will also be used for thematic campaigns)
- Engage and allocate youth initiatives, entrepreneurship communities, Civil Societies, NGO’S etc. and link with their community and interests to educate, learn and transfer knowledge
- Creating interactive platforms which are youth oriented and building a strong online community around innovation, youth sector, influencers, opinion makers etc. to grow user base and engagement rate on Facebook and Instagram
- Set up, schedule and coordinate online/video meetings using various platforms, including Zoom to be published on social media channels
- Assist in gathering all incoming video material for proof editing and alert for any discrepancies before social media distribution
- Timing and duration of mission/s
The selected expert shall be engaged for a total of 50 days in the period from May 2020 until June/July 2020.
Until the government measures for the corona pandemic for restriction in movement are lifted, the expert will be allowed teleworking.
Please send your CV and Motivational Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Friday, May 15th, 2020 (12pm)
- Expert’s profile
Junior NKE on social media and website editing
Qualifications and skills
- A university degree in Economics, Marketing and/or Communications or related field
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Macedonian
- Fluency in written and spoken Albanian would be considered as an asset
General Professional experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in managing social media and web sites for established brands/institutions
Specific Professional experience
- Knowledge of Social Media Platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Tweeter), Web Proficiency (Word Press), Team Management Experience, Advertising, Copywriting, Content Creation, Proofreading and Editing Skills, solid Verbal and Written Communication Skills;
- Previous experience with projects funded by international donors will be considered an asset
- Performance indicators
The indicators reflecting the STEs performance are: good planning and execution of the assignment, timely presentation of results and outputs, quality of documents and reports to be provided to the Team Leader and the Beneficiary.
- Evaluation of work
Performance of the task will be assessed by the Team Leader based on report from the expert.
- Other arrangements
Liaise with Team Leader and Social Media Manager on all steps related to the accomplishment of the above mentioned tasks, to inform and receive approval on all implementation aspects as per Europe House internal rules and procedures.
In accordance with the standard operating procedure, the expert will accomplish and sign a monthly timesheet for approval and signature of Team Leader and EUD, reflecting the actual number of workdays rendered, briefly indicating the place where, and the task for which, these were rendered.