Regional Network for Cultural Diversity – READ is a regional EU-funded project, with the aim to enable civil society actors to foster and contribute to intercultural tolerance and democratic values with a particular focus on youth. The Project is implemented by Goethe-Institut Skopje together with the partner organizations: Association KROKODIL (Serbia), Center for Balkan Cooperation- Loja (North Macedonia), Instituti i Librit dhe i Promocionit (Albania), Kalem Culture Association (Turkey), and Qendra Multimedia (Kosovo). The project started on the 1st of September, 2020, and will last till 31th of August, 2024.
For our second open call for applications, support will be given to 30 Civil Society organizations in Albania, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Serbia, and Turkey in order to increase access and awareness of literature beyond the national context. CSOs are very important for the success of this project, as they wield considerable influence in culture and social change.
The applicants need to be:
- civil society organizations;
- directly responsible for the preparation and management of the project with co-applicant(s);
- registered in Albania, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Serbia, or Turkey for at least 6 months before the date of publication of the call;
- working on one or more of the thematic areas of the relevance of this Call for Proposals
The Call is divided into two different sections:
- Open Call for supporting intercultural projects aims to promote cross-cultural cooperation in the region. The objective is to widely disperse support to a number of grass-root cultural initiatives across the countries and to promote their networking and cooperation. The Action should cover costs related tо literary arts and artists, a variety of other cultural and artistic initiatives including but not limited, music, theatre, audio and video production, multimedia, and other initiatives promoting intercultural cooperation in the region. Cooperation between at least two eligible countries will be considered an advantage. The maximum amount of support for this call is 3.000€ per grant. Projects from youth organizations are encouraged in particular.
- Open Call for supporting multilingual projects aims to support the regional diffusion of literary works from target countries. The purpose of this effort is expected to be for translation, in combination with the presentation and promotion of regional literature. The support from this project will supplement and significantly scale up the inter-regional translation of authors from Western Balkan and Turkey. The maximum amount of support for this call is 2.000€ per grant. The Action should cover costs related to translation, design, and print, and promotion of regional literature. Supported projects will be encouraged to create synergies with our mobile library as well as the different festivals or even the residencies.
Only one application from each applicant will be considered.
Deadline for applying: 15.01.2022
More information about the Open Call for applications can be found in the link below: